If you have ever had shingles, you know that they can be really painful.
-They are a viral infection that are characterized by a rash with blisters.
-They typically occur in young adults and children and can be on any body part.
-They mostly appear on the side of the torso as a single strip.
-They are caused by the virus that causes chicken pox, known as the varicella-zoster virus.
Often it will not appear at the same time as chicken pox do, but decades later. If one has come down the the chicken pox, they still most likely have the virus. Shingles are not life threatening but are very painful to deal with. It is best to treat them as soon as they have been discovered.
There are many natural treatments for shingles. Please follow these treatments to see a reduction in the shingles:
· Avoid foods that contain arginine. These include sugars, blueberries, chocolates, peanuts, pecans, grapes, cashews, pumpkin seeds, tomatoes and brussel sprouts.
· Eat food that contains Lysine, such as beans, asparagus, pineapple, pears, apples, figs and yogurt, as well as meat.
· Cat Claw’s extract can be taken three times per day in 1,000 mg doses.
· Consume flax seed oil. Just one tablespoon two times per day is sufficient.
· Garlic can be consumed or garlic extract can be taken. The extract should be taken in two pills twice per day. But it is found that eating fresh garlic is dishes is much better.
· Lemon balm can be applied to the shingles. A tea can be made by mixing 2 to 4 tablespoons of lemon balm in water and then applying the the spots.
· Reishi Mushroom extract will help to fight off infections. Simply take 500 mg three times per day to help fight the virus.