6 Top Remedies for Hair Growth
When a person looks at us, one of the first things they notice besides our faces is the hair. Hair loss is completely natural, however, there are many things that an individual can do to have thicker, fuller hair. Here are 6 remedies that will not break the bank that will be sure to give an individual thicker hair.
1. Onion juice– Onion juice will help the hair grow really fast. This is due to the sulfur that helps produce collagen tissues. These tissues will help the hair grow faster. Red onions or shallots work quite nicely. Take 2 to 4 onions and squeeze the juice out of them. Then massage this onto the head, letting it sit for one hour. Wash hair with water and a mild shampoo.
Another method for using onions is to chop 4 to 5 onions. Boil a liter of water, then add the chopped onions to the water, then let it boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, then strain the water. After shampooing, use the onion water to wash the hair. Do not rinse this from the hair. The next day, shampoo hair as normal. If the smell is getting to you, leave on only for one hour and then rinse.
2. Potato juice– Potato juice can also help the hair grow. This juice can also help thinning of the hair. Potatoes are full of vitamins C, B and A. The hair will get brittle and dry when it lacks these vitamins. Three or four potatoes are needed for this. Grate potatoes and squeeze the juice out of them. Add a tablespoon of honey as well as the yolk from one egg. Mix well then apply to the hair, leaving on for half an hour. Wash off with a mild shampoo and water. The honey will add moisture as does the egg yolk.
3. Eggs– Use eggs to give extra protein to the hair. Using 1 or 2 egg whites, combine with a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of honey. Apply to the hair and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Cover the head with a shower cap. Rinse hair and shampoo.
4. Apple cider vinegar– Rinse the hair with apple cider vinegar. This will help the hair grow faster by stimulating the hair follicles. It will also cleanse the scalp.
5. Fenugreek– Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of Fenugreek with water. Soak for 24 hours. Strain the water, and use it to rinse the hair with. Leave the water on for 3 hours at a time. Rinse hair with luke warm water, repeating every day for one month.
6. Ayurvedic herbs– You can use these herbs to help improve the pigmentation of the hair, as well as promoting hair growth. Take 100 grams each of Amla or Indian Gooseberry, Shikakai, and Reetha or soapnut and combine with 2 liters of water. Leave it sit overnight. Boil the water in until it reduces to half in size. Let it cool and then mash the herbs to a pulp. Strain the water, and then use this to shampoo the hair.
Apply to the wet hair and then let soak in. Do not massage in as this will lead to breakage. Let is soak for 5 minutes and then rinse with water and apply conditioner. Do not get this into the eyes. This will remove all dirt and oil from the hair and will give it a healthy shine. Use for 2 months and you will see the hair grow.