If you have not heard of the fruit Tamarind, you are missing out. This fruit comes from North Africa and Asia and has a sharp, acidic taste. It can be consumed when it is ripe or not ripened.
This fruit has many great benefits to our health, which include:
– This fruit is full of minerals, compounds and vitamins that are great for boosting a person’s health.
The dietary fiber found in it will also help the body digest food.
– There is a sticky pulp located in the fruit that NSP, or non-starch polysaccharides.
Eating only 100 grams of this fruit will give you 13% of your daily fiber needs.
– This pulp is used by the body to bind bile salts from cholesterol found in the body.
This decreases the amount of cholesterol reabsorbed into the colon.
The bad cholesterol will be eliminated from the body.
– The tartaric acid found in Tamarind has many great antioxidants, which will get rid of the free radicals found in the body.
– Eating Tamarind will be a helpful laxative if needed, and has been used as a treatment for bile disorders.
– Tamarind has 36% of the daily requirements of thiamin, and also includes vitamin C, vitamin A, and riboflavin, niacin, and folic acid.
– Tamarind can be used as a spice and is loaded with iron, potassium, selenium, copper, magnesium, zinc, and calcium.
This wonderful fruit has been used to treat digestive problems in Ayurvedic medicine, as well as gastric and cardiovascular issues. It can be used to treat malaria fever, and is often used to make a powerful tea to treat conditions.
It is great for relieving a sore throat, and can be used to eliminate worms in small children. Tamarind also helps promote great heart health, so this is a fruit tha should be consumed on a regular basis.