Adding lemon juice to water will not only enhance the flavoring of water, but will also nourish the body. Lemons have vitamins and minerals that our bodies crave, and this energy boosting drink can pack a punch.
In the morning after sleeping all night, the body is dehydrated and water is needed to help push out toxins and rejuvenate the cells. This lemonade will aid in pushing out the toxins, help regulate the kidneys, and make the digestive tract work better.
There are many reasons why an individual should start their day off with a tall glass of lemon water.
1. Lemon water is perfect for joints, as it will help to reduce any pain in the joints and muscles.
2. Lemon water will hydrate the body with the electrolytes that are found in the lemons. These electrolytes include potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
3. Lemons contain citric acid, so warm lemon water will be beneficial with the digestive tract.
4. When lemon juice is added to water, more enzymes are produced.
5. Natural bowel movements can happen with lemon is mixed with warm water.
6. Respiratory infections, sore throats, and inflammation of the tonsils can be fought off by drinking water with lemon.
7. Lemon juice is known to stimulate the liver, so toxins will be released, thus having a cleansing effect on the body.
8. Lemon water is perfect for the skin due to the vitamin C it contains.
9. Lemon with water will help protect the immune system as it will protect the body from free radicals.
10. Water with lemon will cleanse the blood, blood vessels and the arteries.
11. Lemon water will dilute the uric acid, which is responsible for causing gout and joint pain.
12. The body can be alkalized by drinking lemon water. It is responsible for helping the body maintain a higher PH level.
13. Lemon water can help to lower stress and anxiety levels. Lemon water will help the body with the nervous system.
14. Lemon water is known to lower blood pressure. Just consuming one lemon a day can lower blood pressure by 10%.
15. Lemon water is great for heartburn. All it takes is a half a glass of water with a teaspoon of lemon juice.
16. Gallstones, kidney stones, calcium deposits, and pancreatic stones can all be dissolved when lemon water is consumed.
17. The vitamin C found in lemon water can help pregnant woman with the formation of bone tissue in the unborn baby.
18. Tooth pain and gingivitis can be eliminated by drinking lemon water.
19. Cancer can be prevented when water with lemon is consumed. Cancer can not thrive in a body that is alkaline, which the lemons will help make.
20. Weight can be lost by those that consume lemon water. Lemons have pectin fiber which reduces cravings and hunger.