Pain in the back is normal for many people. It is a normal part of the aging process.
But what would you say if I told you that one can eliminate back pain in 7 minutes just by doing 7 simple exercises?
1. Knee to chest stretch– Stretch the legs out completely as you lay on your back. Bend the right knee and place your hands on the calf. Pull the knee to the chest gently, holding for half a minute. Release and repeat on the other side.
2. Hip flexor lunge– Step with the right foot forward. Lower the knee to a lunging position. Hold for 30 seconds after making sure the leg is pulled far enough back. Return to standing position and then repeat on the other side.
3. Figure Four Stretch– Lay on your back, then bend the right knee. Keep the right foot flat on the ground. Bring the left knee up to the chest, with the ankle of this leg on your knee. Let the left knee fall to the side. Hold for half a minute and then switch sides.
4. Hamstring stretch– While on your back, bend the right knee. Press the right foot into the floor. Keeping your hands on the back of your leg, grip above the knee. Lift the opposite leg as high as you can and hold for half a minute. Put the leg down and then repeat on the opposite side.
5. Supine twist– Lay on the back, with the knees bent on the floor. Cross the right leg over the left leg, dropping both legs to the left side. Now turn and look to the right side. Hold for a few seconds, then bring legs to the other side to repeat.
6. Forward bend– Using a chair that is hip height, place it in front of you. Put your hands on it and back up a bit. Slowly bend over, dropping the head between the arms. Hold for one full minute. This is a great exercise if you carry extra tension in the back.
7. Quad stretch– Lay on the floor on your right side. Bend the knee, keeping both knees close together. Reach back, touching your left ankle with your left hand. Pull slightly to stretch the quad muscles. Repeat on the opposite side after holding for half a minute.