Encourage your kids to eat more fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables carry a deserved reputation as a great contributor in helping us stay healthy and in good shape, and is associated with a reduced risk of many serious diseases .
Studies have shown that there is a link between, increased consumption of fruits and vegetables with reduced risk of cancer ( such as cancer of the oral cavity , throat , stomach , colon and respiratory system ) . Thus , a diet rich in fruits and vegetables is associated with reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes , stroke , heart disease , high blood pressure ( hypertension ) ,anemia andÂ immune system.
Fruits and vegetables help us prevent various diseases , and they are an excellent source of vitamins , minerals and fiber , contain little fat and contain folic acid ( green leaf vegetables ) .
Here are some creative tips on How to encourage your kids to eat more fruits and vegetables:
1. Make mashed pumpkin or sweet potato instead of regular .
2. Power up pizza with tomato, peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, young garlic and spinach
3. Add vegetables in soup . Cauliflower, broccoli, carrots , parsley.For example you can cut the carrots in interesting shapes.
4. Fill the roast potatoes with wheat grains , young garlic , mushrooms and red pepper .
5. Be creative in serving the salad . Do not just make a salad of tomato and cucumber , add green and red pepper cubes , shredded mushrooms , grated ginger , chopped onion circles, spinach leaves or any other favorite vegetable. Colorful salads are fun and exciting to eat.
1. Add fruit to green salads – try the pear slices , apples , grapes , mango , strawberries , almonds and cranberries .
2. Add some shredded bananas or blueberries in the dough for pancakes .
3. Add exotic fruits such as papaya , mango or pineapple in fruit salad .
4. Blend apples , ginger , carrot and orange , and serve it as a refreshing drink .
With a little creativity and effort you can encourage your children to eat more fruits and vegetables and to enrich their diet , and thus to strengthen their body .