Start the entire day off right by having a morning ritual that will help to keep you not only happy but fit as well. Here are ten ways you can start the day off right.
1. Stretch after a long night’s sleep. Sleeping may make the body stiff, so when we stretch, we are lengthening the muscles, which will stimulate them. Stretch out the back by doing Child’s pose.
Stretch the body out from top to bottom, starting with the neck, then move to the shoulders, chest, back, quads, hamstrings and then the calves.
2. Wake up as soon as the alarm goes off. It may seem like a great idea to sleep an extra 10 minutes, but this terrible habit can lead to stress with all the rushing around.
3. Set your internal clock with melatonin. Ask your health care professional if this is a good idea for your body.
4. Drink some lemon water. Lemon water will help with your digestive system. This will not only help to cleanse the body but also help regulate PH levels. It will help to make the body less acidic, which will make the body less prone to disease. This will also help combat food cravings and make the metabolism run faster.
5. Work out in the morning. This will create lots of energy, as well as give off a radiant glow. The blood flow will help the body feel alert for the entire day.
6. Read in bed in the morning. This is a great way to wake up the mind.
7. Eat foods that are packed with iron. Breakfast is very important but it also depends on what sort of foods we eat. When we have an iron deficiency, we can feel very sluggish. In order to prevent this, include eggs, leafy green veggies, peanut butter, tofu and beans at the morning meal. Orange juice can also be added to this.
8. Get dressed each day. When we wear comfortable clothes, we are only saying to our mind that it is still time to relax.
9. Meditate. Meditation will make one more focused and allow them to tackle each job for the day. It only takes a few minutes each morning to mediate. Get comfortable in a quiet place, then turn on some soft music. Focus on your breathing. This will help to set the stage for the entire day.
10. Keep your sleep schedule the same. Do not allow yourself to sleep in on the weekends.
You will be able to have a much more productive day if you get up early.