Many of the foods individuals eat these days lack the nutrients that the body is really craving, thus giving the individual gastrointestinal issues. Add the many toxins that are added to our bodies from vaccines, pesticides and pharmaceuticals, and it is no wonder there are so many issues with the colon.
However, this does not need to ruin an individual’s life. There are many great foods that can be eaten for good colon health, improve the colon’s health tremendously.
Colon cleansing is a way for an individual to get the body healthy. This can even reduce the risk of colon cancer. The colon will be able to get rid of waste and toxins that will leave the body feeling much better. By cleansing the colon, there are many things that will happen to the body.
· Helping an individual lose weight. A colon typically weighs about 4 pounds without anything in it. It can hold about 8 meals worth of food before the digestive process will begin. Doing a colon cleanse will help the body speed up the metabolism, and help an individual lose weight.
Individuals have even reported losing as much as 20 pounds in a month from doing colon cleanings.
· More energy. Those who have experienced a colon cleansing say they have more energy, are sleeping better and also have better blood circulation.
· The digestion will be improved in the body. When the colon is cleansed, water, vitamins and minerals are allowed to be absorbed into the bloodstream. The colon will not be sluggish, which will also end constipation.
· Better concentration. When the colon is cleansed, the body will feel more alert.
· Colon cancer will be decreased. All the toxins that are absorbed by the body will reduce the risk of polyps, cysts and cancerous growths in the colon and digestive tract.
· PH balance in the body will be maintained when the colon is cleansed. Acid forming foods are the ones that cause the colon to be blocked. The tissue in the colon will be inflamed from this, which then allows the colon not to be able to fully function. When the body is PH balanced, there is a lower risk for kidney stones, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and more.
· Increase in fertility. Colon cleansing will help to keep the weight of an individual under control which means there will not be as much fat. Too much fat that is present can make it harder for an individual to get pregnant.
Foods that should be eaten to cleanse the colon include:
· Green tea can be consumed to cleanse the colon as it will help to improve bowel functions. It is full of antioxidants and vitamin C, which will remove toxins from the body. Other herbal teas will do the trick as well.
· Lemons and other citrus fruits are perfect for the colon. They help the large intestine get rid of waste and help to stop the growth of microorganisms. Lemon water can be drank to help the body cleanse itself.
· Beans and lentils are perfect to cleanse the colon as they aid in digestion. They are full of antioxidants and nutrients, and are very rich in fiber. They are very nutrient dense, full of vitamins B, calcium, magnesium, protein, iron and zinc.
· Fermented foods, such as kimchi, Greek yogurt, sauerkraut and kefir, will help keep the bacteria in the gut good. This will allow the gut to better digest food, as well as absorb the vitamins and minerals that it needs to.
· Garlic is perfect to cleanse the colon. This spice is antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-parasitic, which will help to remove the toxins from the digestive tract and the colon. Garlic will also help to improve the digestion in the body.
· Fruit is full of fiber and antioxidants, which will help with cleansing of the colon on a daily basis.
· Whole grains help the body digest food better and are lower in calories as well.