Growing Back Receding Gums
The gums are soft tissues, covering our bones and providing the important support to our teeth, making them stable on their place. Due to some causes above, the gums can recede making our teeth and their root get exposed. By doing some home remedies and proper diet, you can make your gums grow back.
Natural Home Remedies for Receding Gums
These remedies depend on some basic ingredients available on the most kitchens all over the world.
Green Tea to Grow Back Receding Gums
The green tea provides various benefits; one of them is to treat receding gums. The green tea is known for its antioxidant that help warding off a lot of diseases related to the free radicals. The free radicals cause what called periodontal disease. As mentioned above, the periodontal diseases will support the receding gums. Catechins, an antioxidant contained in the green tea is very useful to fight the existing periodontal disease. The Catechins helps strengthening the bond between teeth and gums. The green tea will also reduce the swelling in the gums, this is very important since the swelling could prevent natural healing of the gums.
How to use: Take 1 cup of green tea and drink it. Do this remedy every single day in the morning.
Aloe Vera to Treat Receding Gums
Aloe Vera is known for its properties that are useful to cure some skin problems. The Aloe Vera provides also some benefits such as anti-inflammatory and cell-repairing power. The Aloe Vera is very effective, especially in some methods against receding gums. The methods include the reduction of gum inflammation and activation of supporting cells of tissues reparation.
How to use: You can use the Aloe Vera in two ways; as the mouthwash and toothpaste. Have the Aloe Vera gel on your toothbrush and brush your teeth as what you always do every single day. You can use the Aloe Vera as the mouthwash by mixing it with the water.
Sesame Oil – Oil Pulling for Treating Receding Gums
The oil pulling is very useful to help preventing and reversing the gums. Sesame oil provides some benefits related to its anti-inflammatory agent. The sesame oil will help removing toxic elements and minimizing plaque development at once. The sesame oil will create such a protective coating on the teeth that prevents what called the buildup of plaque. This oil pulling was recommended by ancient Indians for treating oral diseases and improving the nutrient absorption.
How to use:
- Warm the sesame oil.
- Have the oil in your mouth. Do it after brushing your teeth.
- Swirl and swish around in your mouth for several minutes.
- You can do swirling and swishing for 30-60 seconds then increase the duration of further treatment.
- Take 20 minutes for every oil pulling.
Oil Pulling Using Coconut Oil for Treating Receding Gums
The coconut oil has some antimicrobial properties and you can use them to prevent different existing infections inside your mouth. You should realize that the bacteria can cause the receding gums. The coconut oil pulling will prevent the tooth decay and healing cavity that are related to the receding gums. It’s recommended for you to choose the Virgin Coconut Oil.
How to use:
- You can use the coconut oil as the mouthwash.
- You can swirl and swish the oil around in your mouth. Do this for 1-2 minutes.
- Do oil pulling 15 minutes a day
Eucalyptus to Treat Receding Gums
The essential oils bring more essential properties than the herbs they were made of. For curing a condition, we usually need 1-2 drops of the oils. We need only max 2 drops too in every treatment cycle when we cure the receding gums.
The eucalyptus oil is a very effective germicide, killing all germs inside mouth and protect against bacteria and oral diseases. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce the gum swelling.
But ensure that the oil will never be applied in undiluted form since it is too strong for your soft gum tissue.
How to Use:
Prepare 1 to 2 drops of eucalyptus oil and 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Mix them well and soak or dip your toothbrush into the diluted oil. Massage your gums gently with the diluted oil, once done wash your mouth using water.
This method will help stimulating new growth of gum tissues.
Use Myrrh for Treating Receding Gums
The resin of Myrrh tree is popular and commonly used for treating various gum-related diseases. The resin will not only stop the recession, it will also prevent further damages to the gums.
How to Use:
Prepare the myrrh and water sufficiently
- Prepare the Myrrh (resin)
- Add some water and Myrrh powder
- Mix them well into a paste
- Apply the paste by massaging the gums gently for a few minutes
- You can use the Myrrh as toothpaste
Use Clove to Treat Receding Gums
The clove oil has been used for centuries. The clove is very popular and known for its remarkable disinfectant benefits. The clove oil has anti-bacterial properties that will keep your mouth free of germs, that’s important for avoiding and treating most oral diseases. It has also anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the gum swelling.
You can treat the periodontal diseases only if you could diminish the inflammation. Chewing give you a numbing effect to your mouth and here’s a common method to use the clove for treating any oral disease.
Once you’ve eaten your meals, you should take one clove and chew it until its oil goes out and reach the corner and nook of your mouth. The use of clove will also reduce the bad smells. It’s better if you use its oil form from the beginning.
How to Use:
- Prepare 1 to 2 drops of clove oil
- Dip your finger into the oil and massage your gums gently
- You should do this method 3 times a day
Note: If you are taking the blood clotting therapy, please consult your doctor in advance before using the oil.
Lemon Oil to Treat Receding Gums
The lemon has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can be a great solution for getting rid of the germs inside your mouth. Lemon helps you to grow back your receding gums in the way of stimulating the new gum tissue’s growth. It has also a refreshing smell; however you need realize that it is the acidic one, causing damage on the teeth enamel if used too often. It’s better for you to make your own lemon oil.
How to Use:
- Prepare half of a cup of olive oil and lemon juice made of one fresh lemon
- Take a jar and pour the olive oil into it
- Mix the lemon juice with oil you’ve prepared
- Cover the jar using its lid, shake the mixture well, after that place the jar away from light
- Shake the jar every single day
- You can use your oil after 3 or 4 weeks it has been stored
- Have the lemon oil on your toothbrush or finger and massage your gums gently for a few minutes
- You should repeat this method once a week.
How Can You Prevent Gum Recession?
We already know that however sophisticated a cure is, the prevention is better. By taking precautions and proper care, you can avoid yourself for being trapped in oral diseases including receding gums. The following tips will prevent the risks of receding gums.
Create Healthy Oral Hygiene
The proper care of oral health can be done in these ways:
- Don’t be aggressive when brushing your teeth
- Do circular motion when brushing your teeth
- Do gently teeth brushing
- Don’t ever push your gums upwards when brushing. You should brush along the gum line
- Don’t use too large toothbrush, try to use small-head brush equipped with soft bristles.
- Remove your plaque using floss.
- You should brush your teeth once you’ve eaten your meals. Rinse with warm water once done.
Use Mouthwash Daily
Use the mouthwash daily for keeping your mouth safe from dangerous germs. You should know that the infection is the major factor of receding gums. You need to use the germicidal mouthwash widely sold on supermarkets. However you can use your self-made mouthwash with various essential oils.
- Prepare quarter of a cup of water
- Add 2 drops of essential oil into it
- Mix them
- Swirl the mixture around inside your mouth for at least 1 minute
- You may be able to use hydrogen peroxide as it is safe enough to use and protect your mouth against the infection. Don’t forget to dilute it in the water before using it to wash your mouth.