If you want to grow a plant that must be garlic because it is so easy and very cheap. Imagine that if you eat one whole head of garlic, you will experience amazing things in your body! It is an ingredient which possesses miraculous health benefits for our body.
This plant has in its consistency nitrogenous substances, potassium, sodium, calcium, silicon, selenium, magnesium, phosphoric acid, sulfuric, vitamin B, D, C, extractives, essential oils and phytoserols.
In addition, garlic is high in phytoncides, including allicin which is created by the mechanical destruction of plants, meaning grinding or crushing cloves of garlic.
Some researchers claim that allicin has great bacteriostatic effect which can help in curing the infections for shorter time.
Another infection the garlic can fight against is the fungal infection.
With all these healing properties the garlic is considered to be more important than any other antibiotic or medication.
How to Grow Garlic Indoors for Longer Period
You will need this ingredients:
- One whole head of garlic
- A container
- Potting soil
- You will need one whole garlic head, in order to grow it indoors.
- Use a large pot to put the potting soil and break the garlic cloves apart. Sow each clove in a vertical position in the soil for one inch depth. Over the cloves put the soil and make sure it is about one inch above them.
- You should keep an eye on the indoor plant and water it when you notice any dry parts.
- When the greens are approximately 3 or 4 inches tall clip them off, and leave one inch for it to have space growing. One day the greens will no longer grow.
- Once the greens turn brown and becomes dry, dig the clove you planted and you will get a full bulb. If you want to grown more garlic than take off a clove and start the process of planting.