Many herbs that exist are constantly overlooked and not appreciated for many things that can offer. Here we are going to introduce to you the magnificent herb that you probably are familiar with but are not still aware of the benefits it can give you.
Cilantro is a very tasty and aromatic herb that is used in many culinary dishes, soups, stews and so on. Other than being absolutely delicious and adding a specific smell to any dish it has amazing and potent medicinal properties that can help you heal your body from the inside and out and provide numerous benefits.
It can treat many conditions and even some more severe diseases.
Cilantro contains vitamins B, C, E and K and contains a lot of essential oils and minerals like manganese, iron, folates and so on that can aid digestion, soothe the stomach and improve the intestinal tract. It can reduce the acidity that can be caused by certain foods and prevent several problems.
Health Benefits of Cilantro:
- A great source of potassium, manganese, iron, magnesium and calcium that can regulate the heart rate and balance the blood pressure. It also contains antioxidants that prevent free radical damage and are great for the general health.
- They are low in calories and promote weight loss.
- They can lower the levels of the bad cholesterol in the body.
- Cilantro contains essential volatile oils like borneol, cymene, cineole, pentene, terpineol and pinene.
- It contains riboflavin, folates, beta-carotene, niacin and vitamins K, C and E.
Other Health Benefits of Cilantro:
- Prevents conjunctivitis
- Eliminates fat from the body much faster
- It is a powerful diuretic
- Stimulates liver function
- Prevents kidney stones
- Aids digestion
- Prevents ulcers
All of the benefits listed above prove that this herb can do so many good things for your body. Since this herb is very easily incorporated in many meals you should really take care to consume it regularly and reap all these benefits and more!