Even though shaving on a regular basis under the arms helps for dark underarms, one may still see them appear.
This is an issue that many want taken care of, as it may be caused by shaving, using hair removal creams, sweating, dead skin cells, improper underarm ventilation, and the use of deodorants and antiperspirants that have alcohol in them.
With summer already here, many are wanting to wear tank tops and swim suits. And the last thing that they want to worry about is the dark skin under the arms. There are many different natural remedies for this though that work like a charm.
Here are some methods that one can consider using:
1. Potatoes are great for scrubbing the under arms. Slice a potato thinly, then scrub away. It can also be shredded and allowed to sit on the underarm area for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing away. Do this two times per day to bleach the skin.
2. Lemon should be sliced and then scrubbed for several minutes under the arms. Leave the juice on for 10 minutes then rinse. Lemons can make the skin dry so be sure to apply moisturizer afterward.
3. Baking soda can be used to make a paste with water. Apply to area, then rub in well. Rinse off area and dry well. Do this several times per week.
4. Vinegar and flour can be combined to make a paste that should be applied at during bathing. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse well. Do this a few times per week.
5. Milk (2 tablespoons full fat) can be combined with one tablespoon flour and one teaspoon yogurt. Place the paste under the arms and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water and repeat several times per week.
Once you have gotten rid of your dark underarms, here are some tips on how to maintain them:
– Wax the underarm area and do not shave. Ingrown hair is caused by shaving, which will make the underarms appear dark.
– Coconut oil should be used instead of shaving cream as this will make skin softer and is more natural.
– Use natural antiperspirants on the skin to stay cool and control sweating.
– Exfoliate under the arms once per week to get rid of dead skin cells.