Alternatives to Ibuprofen
Ibuprofen is linked to many deaths each year. Long term use can be very hazardous, linking it to an increased risk in heart attacks, and an increase in cardiac and all-cause mortality.
Serious health effects of long term use of ibuprofen include hearing loss, DNA Damage, miscarriage, hypertension, anemia, and influenza mortality.
There are alternatives to using Ibuprofen though. We do not have to pop a pill every time we feel a headache coming on, or have a muscle pain.
Some alternatives that may be used include:
• Topical arnica- Topical arnica is very effective in treating hand osteoarthritis. Plus as an added benefit there are less side effects.
• St. John’s Wort– is effective many times as a pain killer. Many individuals have found that it is twice as effective as ibuprofen.
• Holy Basil- has an anti-inflammatory compound in it that makes it just as effective as ibuprofen.
• Panax Ginseng- may be great for those with arthritis. It has a analgesic and
anti-inflammatory property to it that will help with arthritis and aching bones.
• Omega 3-fatty acids- helps to reduce arthritis pain without all the added side effects of ibuprofen.
When an ache or pain comes on, an individual does not always have to reach for the pain relievers.
The methods listed above have many less side effects and are natural ways of healing any pain in the
Before trying any out, be sure to ask your physician if you are healthy enough to take them.