You feel embarrassed about the dark spots on your knees and elbows? Well, you shouldn’t because there are many people sharing the same problem.
Due to the fact that elbows and knees do not have oil glands, they tend to have dark discoloration. These areas are very dry and can collect impurities and dirt in an very easy way. It appears as a result of great sun exposure, pressure, friction and layering of dead skin cells.You should stay calm since the solution is all natural and easy to make.
Read more to find out which natural remedies are best for lighting your knees and elbows once and for all.
Because of the great amount of vitamin E in its content, coconut oil is perfect for lightening your elbows and knees. Not only it will lighten the dark areas but will hydrate and moisturize them as well.
Once you finish with you bath or shower, apply coconut oil on the affected skin area and gently rub it in for one or two minutes. In order to prevent further dryness, apply it several times a day.
It has natural ability to bleach and exfoliate the dark areas. Combined with high amount of vitamin C, it can remove the dead skin cells, promote skin regeneration and lightening of the skin tone.
Use a cotton ball and soak it in lemon juice. Apply it on the elbows and knees and massage for several minutes. Leave the juice for 20 minutes and then rinse it with some warm water. Apply lotion with moisturizing effect for further prevention of dryness.
If you want to remove the dead skin out of you elbows and knees, sugar is the right thing for you. It has granules which can make a perfect scrub for softening those areas.
Find out how to make this excellent sugar scrub:
- Combine sugar and olive oil and mix until you get a thick paste.
- While applying the paste, use circular motions to rub it on your knees and elbows.
- Do this for 5 minutes and rinse it with warm water and mild soap.
- Repeat this once a day until you notice the light skin appearance.
- For better result do this more than a week.
This is a great way for cleansing the dark area like your knees and elbows. Because of the effect it gives to the skin many people want to use it to remove the dead skin cells and to lower the hyper-pigmentation on these areas.
- Mix one tablespoon of milk and one tablespoon of baking soda.
- With this paste cover the affected areas and massage it circular motions for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse it with lukewarm water and use towel to gently pat and dry the area.
- Try to do this every other day for achievin the desired results.
Aloe vera is another ingredient which can soften, moisturize and lighten the skin. It is also very effective in maintaining the skin tone and repairing skin cells which are damaged by sun exposure.
If you have in your home, use the whole aloe vera leaf. Read more to find out how:
- Remove the gel from the fleshy aloe leaf by breaking it open.
- Cover the affected area with the aloe vera gel.
- Wait for 20 minutes until it sits in and rinse it with warm water.
- Use the gel once or twice in a day for a month.
All-In-One Knee and Elbow Lightening Recipe
You can use the ingredients mentioned above making a mixture which can help in lightening the dark areas. The combination will speed up the healing process and the efficiency of the products as well as improving the skin quality.
- Use equal parts of sugar, aloe vera, baking soda and lemon juice to make the mixture.
- Cover the area with the paste and rub it in for several minutes.
- Use soap and water to wash it off.