Foods That Naturally Cleanse the Liver
(SecretlyHealthy)Toxins are constantly interfering with our bodies. These chemicals can harm the body. Some toxins are the product of pesticides and other environmental impurities, while others are a by-product of the processed food we ingest.
Many times individuals will turn to a detox diet in which foods are eliminated and then slowly reintroduced. The detox diet may improve the symptoms that an individual is facing, however, there is not any real evidence that these diets work.
Weight that is lost on this kind of diet is usually just water loss and only lasts while the person is on the diet. And if detox diets are used long term, they can cause harm to the body.
A balanced diet is more helpful then detoxing the body. There are many food that can be eaten the will naturally cleanse the liver. Here is a recommendation for foods that should be eaten to support a healthy liver:
1. Beets and carrots, which are both high in plant flavonoids, will help to stimulate the liver functioning and make it healthier. Carrots are also high in glutahione, a protein that will help to detox the liver.
2. Tomatoes detox the liver with the high amounts of glutahione. Lycopene found in the tomatoes will also ward off types of cancers.
3. Grapefruit, high in vitamin C, increases the natural cleansing process of the liver. It too is also high in glutahione.
4. Spinach is a huge source of glutahione and really helps cleanse the liver properly.
5. Citrus fruits, such as limes and lemons, not only contain high amounts of vitamin C, but also stimulate the liver and helps with the synthesizing of toxic materials that can be absorbed by water.
6. Cabbage will help the body produce enzymes that help to flush toxins out of the body.
7. Turmeric helps the liver by boosting the detoxing process by helping enzymes that are responsible for flushing out dietary carcinogens.
8. Walnuts are a wonderful source of omega 3 fatty acids as well as amino acid arginine and glutahione, which naturally help detox the liver, especially in detoxifying ammonia.
9. Avocados help the body produce glutahione. This compound is necessary for cleansing the liver of harmful toxins.
10. Apples, high in pectin, help the liver by making it easier for it to handle the toxins found in the body. The pectin and other chemicals found in apples help to release toxins from the digestive tract.
11. Brussel sprouts make the liver release enzymes that help block any damage from dietary or environmental toxins. This vegetable is very high in sulfur and antioxidant glucosinolate.
12. Garlic, which has two natural compounds (allicin and selenium), help the liver cleanse itself. Garlic is also full of sulfur, which allows the liver to flush out toxins from the body.
13. Dandelion root tea will help the liver break down the fats, as well as helps the liver rid itself of toxins. It also helps it produce amino acids.
14. Leafy green vegetables help the body produce bile, neutralize any heavy metals, pesticides and chemicals, and absorb environmental toxins. This is due to the fact that leafy green vegetables are very high in plant chlorophyll.
15. Cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower and broccoli, will help the liver flush out any toxins by increasing the production of liver enzymes.
16. Asparagus helps the liver cleanse itself while being a natural diuretic. It will help the liver share the responsibilities with the kidneys.
17. Green tea, which is loaded with lots of antioxidants, will assist the liver in functioning properly.
18. Olive oil or other cold pressed organic oils such as help and flax seed oils will help the liver by supporting it. The oil will provide a good base that will suck up any harmful substances.
19. Alternative grains, such as millet, quinoa and buckwheat can replace grains that will increase the workload of the liver. Such grains that do this are full of gluten, such as wheat and other whole grains.