Woman want to have breasts that are uplifted for all of their lives, however this is typically not the case. The natural aging process takes place and the breasts will begin to sag. This can make a woman feel very self conscious about her appearance, and could possibly make her less attractive to males.
One can learn why breasts sag and what they can do about it to help alleviate the condition.The breasts are made from connective tissues, milk producing glands and fat. There are not any muscles in the breasts. To keep them in good shape, they need to be taken care of. When a woman reaches the age of 40, or around there, the breasts will begin to sag.
The skin will become loose and begin to show the aging process. If a woman has gone through pregnancy, this is especially true. Other factors that cause the breasts to sag include menopause, weight loss or gain that is rapid, smoking, over tanning, wearing a bra that does not fit properly and nutritional deficiencies. Carbonated beverages, alcohol, nicotine, breast cancer and tuberculosis can also cause the breasts to sag.
Breastfeeding does not make the breasts sag. Many feel that this is true, but in a study done, breastfeeding does not cause ptosis, or sagging breasts. It is being pregnant that is causing the breasts to sag as weight is gained in the process. One can try to avoid this by keeping a healthy weight during pregnancy.
The following are ways to help maintain the breasts and keep them from sagging:
– Maintain a good weight. Keeping a weight that is not steady can really effect the breasts. When the skin is stretched it will loose elasticity. Fat from the breast is lost during weight loss faster then fat from other body parts. Not maintaining a steady weight will allow the breast to stretch out and sag over time.
– Drink lots of water. Water deprivation can lead to skin that is dry and wrinkled. This can cause premature aging, which will make the breast loose their firmness.
– Exercise and proper nutrition. Eat a healthy diet combined with proper exercises for the body.
Eat foods that are rich in calcium, proteins, vitamins and minerals.
– Pomegranate. This fruit is great for aging and can help prevent the breasts from sagging.
– Aloe Vera can be applied to the skin 4 or 5 times per week. Simply massage into the breast for about 10 minutes in a circular motion.
One can also do exercises to help keep the breasts from sagging. The following exercises can be performed to help strengthen the chest:
– Push ups are great because they will help to strengthen the pectoral muscles that are located beneath the breasts.
– Lifting weights will help the breasts by reducing the fatty deposit around the chest. Curls, dumbbell flys, chest presses and others.
A breast mask can also be applied. These masks can easily be made and will help to firm up the skin.
To make a Vitamin E and egg mask for the breast you will need:
1. one egg
2. one tablespoon plain yogurt
3. one vitamin E capsule
Combine ingredients, then massage onto the breast and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
Rubbing a few ice cubes over the breast can also help firm up the breast and skin. Simply rub an ice cube over the breast for a minute. Essential oils, such as cypress oil, lemongrass oil, seed oil, carrot oil or spearmint oil can be applied to help rejuvenate the skin and help with the elasticity of the skin.