Did you know that 85% of Americans suffer from gum disease? And 50% of these have moderate to severe periodontitis.
But only 3% of these patients seek treatment for it. Should you suffer from this, there are some natural remedies that you can use to help prevent gum disease.
1. Baking soda– Make a paste of baking soda and water and then rub along the gum line.
2. Aloe Vera may be rubbed onto the gums to help with bleeding. Just rub the gel into the gums and let it set. Repeat until the issue subsides.
3. Lemon juice– Lemons contain vitamin C, which can help to fight off this disease. Squeeze the juice of one lemon and then add salt to it, making a paste. Apply the paste to your teeth, then leave it sit on the teeth for several minutes before gargling with water.
4. Tea tree oil can be rubbed onto the gums to help make symptoms better. Tea tree oil may also be toothpastes to help fight off bacteria.
5. Clove oil can be applied to the gums. However, some may experience burning when applying this oil. This is an all natural treatment for bleeding gums. However, the burning will stop after a few minutes.
6. Mustard oil is often found in many homes, and can be used to treat gum disease. It is very rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Place half a teaspoon of this oil in your palm, then rub the oil over the gums in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water. This will help with blood circulation as well as soothing the pain and stimulating the gums.
7. Turmeric is great for infections as well as inflammations. Take one teaspoon turmeric and mix with honey to form a paste, then apply to the teeth and gums and leave on for 3 minutes. Rinse with water to have gums be less irritated and less tender. Do this ritual at night before bed.