Rosewater is not some romantic imagination with rose petals and a hot bath. But this is not the case since the rosewater is prized for its nutritional and medical properties as well as being an excellent source of scent.When it comes to the rose essential oil, it is the most useful and caring oil on the world. It has been used back in the 3000 BC and extremely valued in Persia and Ancient Egypt, even for the beauty routine of Cleopatra.
What is Rosewater?
The rosewater is a side product of the rose oil made by a long process of distillation of numerous pure rose petals. It contains over three hundred distinct chemical substances and antioxidants such as flavonoids and tannins as well as the essential vitamins C, D, A, E and variety of B vitamin more specifically B3.
Rosewater possesses antiseptic, antibacterial, healing and soothing properties. It can be also consumed as a tea since it can enrich your body with many minerals an nutrients useful for your body. It is good in helping eye irritation, digestive problems and nervousness by relieving them.
The most popular usage of rosewater is in the beauty and skin routines. It makes your skin clean and purified ans well as improves the condition of dry skin and prevents the aging process. Another beneficial activity of the rosewater is the effect it gives to the hair.
It can increase the blood flow to the scalp in order the new hair follicles to grow strength and nourished.
How to Make Rosewater
- A large pot
- Petals from a bunch of roses
First, wash the rose petal from any dirt. Next, boil two cups of water and when it is hot pour it over the rose petals. Then, cover the petals with a lid and wait for thirty minutes to sit and eventually lose the color. When it is cool, strain the petals and put the water in a bottle then put it in a refrigerator.
Be careful not to use petals from roses that are sprayed wit insecticides since we want everything to be natural and pure.
Fantastic Ways to Use Rosewater
- Combine one ounce rosewater with one ounce jojoba oil in a container and shake well before it is used as a eye makeup remover.
- You can treat sunburn by simply rubbing it over the affected area and wait to see the magical effect.
- If an insect bites you apply directly to the area.
- A rose water toner can treat your wrinkles and acne perfectly. You can use it in a clean face in spraying way or by putting it on a cotton pad.
- It can be used as a natural perfume by adding jasmine oil to the rosewater.
- Rose water is very effective at eliminating bacteria so you can disinfect with it by spraying in your home.
- If you wash your face with rosewater you will reduce skin irritation caused by pimples, acne, breakouts and redness.
- If you suffer from chronic headache you can use a rose water soaked towel on your forehead.