How To Sleep Like A Baby
We all know what we need sleep to properly function throughout the day. However, many individuals are not getting the sleep that they need. Using these tips and suggestions, one can sleep like a baby and feel well rested the next morning.
• If you do nap during the day, keep naps short. They should only be half an hour to an hour, and they should take place in the early afternoon.
• A smoker should refrain from smoking at least an hour before bedtime, ideally two hours if at all possible.
• Go to bed at the same time each night and wake up at the same time each morning. Do this even on nights that you can stay up late and sleep in the next morning. This will allow the body to get used to a sleeping pattern.
• Avoid caffeine from noon on. Caffeine will stimulate the body, telling the body and mind that it is not sleepy. Refrain from any beverages that contain caffeine, such as soda, coffees and teas. Chocolate also contains caffeine, so be sure to avoid this as well.
• Exercise early in the day. Avoid late night workouts that will only wake up the body.
• Be mindful of what you eat. The largest meal of the day should not be consumed right before bedtime. Instead, plan on eating the largest meal at the lunch hour. If you are hungry before bedtime, consume something light, such as a few slices of turkey or a hard boiled egg.
• Melatonin can be helpful for those that are not sleeping right. A melatonin supplement can help an individual fall asleep,as well as help improve the sleep quality.
• Avoid alcohol at night. It will only help to keep the body more awake. Alcohol will suppress REM, the phase at which dreaming takes place.