The cause for brain attack or most commonly known as stroke is the disruption of blood circulation in to the brain. As a matter of fact, brain stroke is the fourth most frequent condition in USA. This condition can cause handicap as well.
There are two commonly known types of strokes, hemorrhagic and ischemic. The ischemic strokes can appear as the brain canals are blocked or compressed, and the blood is not delivered to the brain in a proper way.
The hemorrhagic type is not very common and can be caused because of the blood vessel leak or aneurysm burst.
The best prevention from this disease is recognizing and react to the symptoms immediately. As soon as you notice something unusual with your body, consult your doctor.
By doing this you will get proper treatment and avoid handicap or other damages.
Different symptoms can cause different type of strokes, even the effect on every person is not equal. One thing which is common between cancers is that the symptoms appear at once.
Here are the most typical symptoms and signs for stroke:
- Poor balance, loss of control and difficulty in walking
- Inability to talk or speak correctly
- Paralysis just on one side of the face or body
Other stroke symptoms:
- Problems on vision with one or both eyes
- Complete paralysis
- Disappointment which cannot be explained
The F.A.S.T acronym stands for easy recognition of the stroke:
- Face: Examine your face carefully. Does you smile seem normal? Is there any sign for sag?
- Arms: Try to raise your arms and see if any of them slowly moves down.
- Speech: Can you understand what you are saying?
- Time: Medical help is needed so don’t waste time
These are the symptoms that can occur in a second and if you recognize them immediately call an ambulance.
Driving in the hospital is out of question in that condition since the ambulance will get faster than you will.
The symptoms can disappear sometimes but there is still risk and you need help anyway. These breaks are called in medical term TIAs (transient ischemic assaults) and the risk is even high since you can experience full stroke.
There are people who cannot make a difference between migraine and stroke, so here are some tips to help you in recognizing them:
- The migraine symptoms develop gradually, while the stroke ones appear immediately
- If you have migraine you will see zigzag forms and flashing lights which can be considered as positive thing because it has some stimuli.
- TIA signs develop in unpleasant symptoms, including loss of vision, limb power and hearing.
People’s age of stroke appearance is not always a sign since it can appear in any age but the most risky one are people having these factors:
- High blood pressure
- Older age (55 and above)
- Moody migraines or aesthetic disruptions
- Blood disorders, problems with the heart muscle, atrial fibrillation
- A matter of genes
Start living healthy by eating more vegetables and fruits and fish as well. Being physically active can also prevent the chances for stroke.