Super foods One Should Include Now in the Diet
We have all heard it several times. We are what we eat. If one eats a diet full of foods that are not good for us, we will not have optimal health. Everyone should strive daily to consume super foods that will give optimal health and well being. Consider adding any of these super foods to your diet.
• Dulse. Dulse is a sea vegetable that can be included in many soups, salads, and sushi. While it is not a common vegetable, it has many many minerals and vitamins that it is high in, especially vitamins B6, B12, A, iron, manganese, and potassium. It helps those that are having issues with poor digestion.
• Berries. Berries contain fiber, which is something many individuals do not get enough of. Fiber helps to promote weight loss. Raspberries contain the most fiber out of any berries, weighing in at 8 grams per cup.
• Eggs. Eggs are a quality source of protein. This will help to keep an individual full longer after they have eaten them. They also contain lutein and zeaxanthin, which will help to reduce any risk for macular degeneration.
• Oranges. Oranges are full of vitamin C, with a large one weighing in at the daily recommended amount. They are also high in fiber and folate, and help the skin to produce skin firming collagen.
• Broccoli. Broccoli is packed full of vitamins C, A, and K. It also contains sulforaphane, which will help the body ward off cancer.
Adding a few of these super foods to the diet can really improve one’s health. Experiment with them and do not be afraid to try something new. Combine dulse with eggs for a new winning breakfast combination, or make a berry and orange salad. The possibilities are endless.