Onion is very useful in traditional medicine. Onion is a traditional antibiotic to boost the human immune system. Onion is herb, one of members of allium family. The onion is rich in sulfur and antibiotic and antiseptic properties. Onion also contains Quercetin, an antioxidant compound that is able to fight free radicals.
If you want to consume onion, you should do it in juice form. Consumption of onion is highly advised to handle the increased levels of cholesterol, heart problems, and arthritis. The ability of onion comes from its flavonoids and sulfur. Onion has been used for thousands of years in a variety of traditional medicine, especially traditional medicine of ancient Mediterranean.
Here are some examples of the use of onion to overcome some health problems:
• Breakup chest congestion: Mash onion in coconut oil. Apply the chest with onion paste and then cover it with a towel.
• Colic: Boil the sliced onion in the water. Once boiling, turn off the heat and let cool. Once cool, drain the onion and give a teaspoon of onion to your baby once in an hour. Do this procedure until the baby gets medical help.
• Ear infections: Place the onion in a thin sock. Put the sock in the area of infection.
• Cuts: The thin film layers of the onion can stop minor bleeding immediately.
• Cough: Peel the onion and mix with a tablespoon of brown sugar. Spot mixture twice a day to relieve cough.
• Fever: Slice the onion to be thin section. Apply the foot with coconut oil. Place the onion slices to the arch of the foot and wrap with plastic and then wrap again with socks. This step is taken to absorb the toxins out of the body.
• Vomiting: Grate the onion and make juice. Brew peppermint tea. Drink 2 teaspoons of onion juice and after 5 minutes; drink 2 teaspoons of peppermint tea.
Onion can also be useful for non-health problems:
• Rub the onion pieces to repel bugs.
• Rub the onion juice to the hair as a shampoo.
• Spray onion juice into plants to repel pests.
• Rub the onion slices into steel to prevent rust.