Vinegar is so useful ingredient, you won’t believe it! Do you know about vinegar’s life hacks?
If you have a smelly garbage can, you can pour on a slice of bread and place in the bottom of the trash can. Simply close the lid, let it sit overnight, and in the morning, remove the bread. The bread will absorb all the nasty odors coming from the garbage can. Amazed? Here are more vinegar uses around the house.
It may seem like a staple when cooking but it has so many other uses around the house. Always make sure that you have a bottle handy.
1. You can unclog a drain with vinegar. Pour some baking soda down the drain, then follow with vinegar and the combination will remove whatever is clogging the drain.
2. One may remove the sticky film adhesive found on different objects. Spray on, then allow it to soak for a few seconds, then wipe down.
3. Get rid of smells in the house by leaving a container of vinegar sitting around to absorb the odors. Or you may wish to soak a slice of bread like stated above to help remove odors.
4. You can make flowers last longer. Add some to a vase with the water and flowers will stay looking nicer, longer.
5. Remove the baked on gunk off cooking pans and pots by filling with water and vinegar and bringing to a roiling boil. Scrape off and rinse well.
6. Use vinegar as a fruit fly trap. Place vinegar in a glass jar, cover with plastic wrap, puncture holes with a sharp knife and allow to set on the counter.
7. Use vinegar in place of harmful cleaning products. Place in an old spray bottle, fill with water, add a drop of dish soap, and use in place of any store bought cleaners.
8. Get wrinkles out of clothing by spritzing with vinegar. Use one part vinegar to three parts water.
9. Help prevent pets from scratching by applying vinegar. Spritz area the pet likes to scratch with vinegar and the scratching will stop.
10. Clean glass by spraying down with vinegar and then wiping off.