Lime is highly preferred so many people want to apply this food to their drinks and various health products. But you need to be careful because lime can cause burns!
A woman named Morgan Moore squeezed limes in a party and did not wash thoroughly after doing that. He then went to the outdoors and got exposed to sunlight for 30 minutes. The next day he got a severe pain accompanied by severe burns, you can see in the video below.
What Morgan experienced was a symptom called phytophotodermatitis that can be caused by a reaction between the lime juice with the sun.
The reaction between the lime juice and the sun will burn the skin and usually will start at 24 hours after exposure and reach its peak of up to 72 hours later.
Not only capable of inflicting phytophotodermatitis, lime is also able to darken your skin permanently. Therefore, make sure you wash your skin thoroughly before going into the sun.